Bache Samuels are working with Synctrade on the Government Funded Kickstart Scheme, and are seeking a number of Warehouse Operatives to join their team.
The main purpose of the role is to provide fast & efficient goods sorting, picking, labelling, and packaging to meet the demands of our client’s order fulfilment processes. The goal is to increase efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Picking & Packing products for customer order fulfilment.
- Unpacking, sorting, and labelling deliveries.
- Pallet wrapping & preparing items for dispatch (Use of a pump truck required)
- Reporting and recording any shortage or damage to consignments
- Ensuring a high standard of good housekeeping, health & safety and security
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimise space utilisation
- Complete diary logs into inventory – using spreadsheet
- Communicate and cooperate within storage place
- Follow with procedures, rules and regulations
- Investigate & action missing shipments with our various supply chain partners.
- Ensure logistics data (shipments details, delivery requirements etc) is captured and supplied to the relevant stakeholders.
- Proven working experience in a similar role or willing to learn
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Standing and/or walking for long periods.
- Lifting & bending
- Manual dexterity of both hands and wrists
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage a varied workload and respond to requests at short notice
- Ability to work to clear deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
In return you will receive employability support provided by Bache Samuel including:
- CV/Application writing
- How to tailor CVs to the role you are applying for
- Writing your personal profile, cover letter/supporting statement
- Preparing for Interview
- Research on the role
- Research on the Organisation
- Behaviors, competencies and values
- Preparing for assessments and interviews
- Interviews skills training
- Preparing for interviews
- Interview practice
- How to answers questions
- What to consider for Virtual Interviews?
- Professional work behaviour and attitude
- Settling into a new role and organisation
- Building relations with colleagues at work
To be eligible for this role you must meet the Kickstart criteria:
- Currently receiving Universal Credit
- Have an Intro ID or be able to obtain one from your Work Coach
- Please click on this link learn more about the Kickstart Scheme https://jobhelp.campaign.gov.uk/kickstart/
|Job Category||Kickstart, Warehouse|
|Hours:||25 per week|
|Contract Length||6 months|