Bache Samuels, working with the Government Funded Kickstart Scheme, are recruiting for an Bookkeeper to join them.
Bookkeeper – Kickstart Scheme
- Must be on Universal Credit
- Must have an introductory ID
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing Bookkeeping for Bache Samuels and their Clients in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure correct posting of financial records (sales, purchase ledgers and balance sheet transactions / adjustments)
- Financial data entry using various accounting software
- Posting of journals for the completion of bookkeeping to trial balance level, ensuring all the control accounts are fully reconciled (including Bank, VAT etc)
- Responding to queries and handle month end procedures
- Carry out bank reconciliations in GBP and foreign currencies.
- Assisting the team with ad hoc accounting duties and projects
- Provide support with various accounting yearend account preparations.
- Handle monthly VAT returns production to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial records.
- Ideal candidate should be working towards achieving a recognised accounting qualification.
- Post holder will ideally have relevant experience or similar qualifications will be considered.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping services and QuickBooks accounting software and basic accounting principles.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to plan and manage own time and workload Ability to set and work to goals and targets.
- A flexible and strategic mind-set
This role is offered as part of the Kickstart Scheme, to be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently Receiving Universal Credit
- Have an Introductory ID from your Work Coach (or be in the process)
|Job Category||Accountancy, Kickstart|
|Contract length:||6 months|
|Hours:||25 per week|
|Salary||£8.91 per hour|