Africa Cyber Security Academy are working with the Government Funded Kickstart Scheme and are recruiting for an IT Officer to join them. The purpose of the role is to monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain integrity of computer systems and networks.
- Provide IT support for colleagues and resolve IT related issues (1st line support)
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Redesign business IT set-up and ensure these are optimised.
- Manage business users accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
- Liaise with IT solutions vendors & developers to ensure business solutions are working optimally.
- Test and evaluate new technology solutions before organisational deployment, responsible for safety check for all IT devices.
- Main liaison with IT solution providers and needs to own business IT architecture.
- Ensure business IT and online environments is secure and all data safe.
- Develop and maintain business disaster recovery solutions. To assist in designing, building, or maintaining website and software applications.
- Designing and updating company website and other digital platforms
- To support in developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- To maintain an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups as appropriate.
- To back up files from Websites to local directories for recovery.
- To help in identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing and assisting in correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- To assist in evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- To determine user needs by analysing technical requirements.
- Relevant experience or IT certification with relevant in-depth knowledge of the subject matter.
- Upgrading, converting, modernising or digitizing applications/services.
- Software development lifecycle, including developing code-based applications, quality assurance and test processes, and supporting in a 2nd/3rd line environment including meeting strict service requirements. Excellent knowledge and understanding in programming applications.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
- Ability to develop ideas and processes and express them clearly.
As well as on the job training you will also receive Employability Training from the Kickstart Gateway, this includes
- CV/Application writing
- Preparing for Interview
- Interviews skills training
To be eligible for this role you must meet the Kickstart criteria:
- Currently receiving Universal Credit
- Have an Intro ID from DWP or be able to obtain from your Work Coach
- For further information on the Kickstart Scheme please see this link: https://jobhelp.campaign.gov.uk/kickstart/
|Job Category||IT, Kickstart|
|Contract length:||6 months|
|Hours:||25 per week|