RCKM Leisure are working with the Government funded Kickstart Scheme and are seeking a Commis Chef to join their team.
- To work under instruction from the senior members of the kitchen team ensuring all produce is handled with respect, food is prepped and served to spec whilst taking accountability for their own actions.
- To ensure Mans Market is fun, hip, new age, accessible and outstanding in all aspects of the kitchen, the food and it’s operation.
- To be delivered in an environment that is safe for our kitchen teams.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Ensuring all deliveries are as per invoice and of outstanding quality.
- Responsible for maintaining high level of food driving outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Communicate with management across the company to ensure effective running of the kitchen and service delivering outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring that all areas of the kitchen are clean, tidy and organised.
- Ensuring all food is dated, labelled and with minimal shelf lives.
- Continually work to improve performance and maximise profitability.
- Wastage to be minimised and logged in the till system
- Ensure any products sold, prepped or on display are to an outstanding standard.
- Feed back to the head chef team with customer complaints.
- Always comply with the Staff Code of Conduct.
- Seek to always ensure that all visitors or guests on our site have the best dining/food experience possible.
- Help with the training of all new kitchen staff concerning prep, methods, service, food presentation and cooking techniques.
- Ensure events are delivered as per booking form and client expectations.
- A positive and ambitious mind set.
- Self-motivation and a passion for hospitality, cooking and food.
- Experience in a previous high customer turnover restaurant.
- Maintain a positive and proactive attitude at all times.
- Comply with the provisions of your contract and any of our Company Policies and set an example for more junior members of staff.
- Actively seek to improve skills and achieve personal development.
- Perform other duties as assigned/requested by management.
To be eligible for this role you must meet the Kickstart criteria:
- Currently receiving Universal Credit
- Have an Intro ID or be able to obtain one from your Work Coach
- Please click on this link learn more about the Kickstart Scheme https://jobhelp.campaign.gov.uk/kickstart/
|Job Category||Catering, Hospitality, Kickstart|
|Contract length:||6 months|
|Hours:||25 per week|