Bache Samuels are working with Excel Healthcare Services on the Government Funded Kickstart Scheme, and are seeking a Community Support Worker to join their team.
The Community Support Worker will undertake high quality, caring and compassionate personal care and associated duties working as part of the multidisciplinary team.
As a Community Support Worker, you make a valuable and important contribution to the delivery of high-quality healthcare, supporting in the delivery of safe, effective, compassionate clients/Service Users care.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for direct Clients/Service Users’ care in the community at times and will need to be able to act independently but also to consult and liaise with the team.
- To visit allocated Clients/Service Users in their own homes supporting them with activities of daily living and promoting independence where possible in accordance with the care plan reporting any concerns to the Care coordinator.
- To support Clients/Service Users with all aspects of personal hygiene including toileting needs, with mobility and the relief of pressure areas using the correct equipment.
- To prepare and serve meals ensuring the Client/Service User is eating and drinking satisfactorily and assist with feeding where required.
- To maintain cleanliness of the environment and meet health and safety requirements.
- To ensure the environmental temperature is adequate.
- To ensure the Client/Service User’s bed is clean and dry and made up ready for use.
- To ensure there is adequate food in the Client/Service Users’ home i.e. undertake shopping when required.
- To assist in administering medication with appropriate instructions as prescribed in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- To record the care delivered accurately and that all entries are legible into the Client/Service User’s care records.
- To ensure records and documentation are maintained, kept confidential and meets the business standards in line with the Data Protection Act.
- To provide emotional support as appropriate reporting any concerns about the Client/Service Users’ wellbeing to the Care Co-ordinator.
- To provide physical and emotional care for Clients/Service Users nearing the end of life; supporting family and friends as needed.
- To act in a professional manner and ensure excellent standards are maintained and monitored to improve the quality of care to all who come into contact with the services provided by Excel Healthcare Services.
- To report any accidents or incidents as described by Excel Healthcare Services policy and procedures ensuring an open and transparent culture.
- To take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and of other persons.
- A willingness to undertake the Care Certificate.
- Demonstrable skills in written and spoken English, adequate to enable the post holder to carry out the role effectively.
- NVQ 3 in Care or equivalent (Desirable)
- Subject to the provisions of the Equality Act, be able to have access to and use of own vehicle and be prepared to travel extensively around rural areas.
- Ability to manoeuvre and handle Clients/Service Users’ and equipment in line with manual handling procedures. Majority of shift will involve standing or walking and driving.
- Previous experience of working within a health and social care setting.
- Able to deal with sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work in different environments according to the availability of work and the needs of the business.
- Knowledge of risk assessment principles.
- Experience in providing support for people in the community.
- Effective communication with Clients/Service Users, other members of the team and outside stakeholders.
- Have a patient and empathic approach.
- Quick decision-making skills – calm approach and ability to liaise and consult with other colleagues if required
- To manage risk – requirement to adhere to individual risk assessments.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
To be eligible for this role you must meet the Kickstart criteria:
- Currently receiving Universal Credit
- Have an Intro ID or be able to obtain one from your Work Coach
- Please click on this link learn more about the Kickstart Scheme https://jobhelp.campaign.gov.uk/kickstart/
|Job Category||Kickstart, Support Worker|
|Contract length:||6 months|
|Hours:||25 per week|